Having Fun Planning for Fun

I'm usually the travel agent in our family.  I'm usually the one who figures out the best route & the options for lodging & how we can afford our adventures & all the crazy fun along the way.  Recently that has changed and I'm a little thrown off by the whole thing.

My husband has wanted to go to Yellowstone forever and several months ago he decided that we were going to go this fall.   I told him that if he could pitch it to me and prove that we could afford it, I was game.  So pitch and plan he did. I'm totally convinced and really psyched!  He's got a great schedule and really cool campgrounds, but it's just weird that I'm not the one bringing HIM the info and asking for opinions.  It's usually the other way around.  But with the heavy lifting of budget and route and schedule and lodging out of the way, I'm free to scour the travel books and internet for fun activities to slot into the itinerary.    I love research.  The planning and preparing for our adventures is such a big part of them for me.  I truly have as much fun planning as actually doing.  I just love knowing what's out there in the world.  And as usual, I'm struck by how much there is that looks fun and how little time we'll have.  Never enough time.

Now back to my part of the planning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment